Apple iphone review
The blog of Pasefika Archive Contact Subscribe
This is an unbiased review for the Apple iphone. As arguably one of the best cell phones of 2008 the iphone has many features, reviews, and support. what makes the iphone so poplar is the customers who have purchased the device. This review is to highlight a few features and flaws that many customers many encounter with the iphone. The iphone should be considered a luxury item with specific uses and users in mind. This is because like all things from Apple they carry signature branding of their modern minimal style and their signature high price tag when compared to their competition. Every Day Flaws:
As a cell phone, the iphone falls short in a few ways.
1. The iphone occationally drops calls: Whether or not it's ATTs 3G network or the phone itself, the price of the phone, wireless plan and the amount of customers with iphones this should not be happening nearly as much as it does. 2. The iphone doesn't mnot support mutimedia (pictures) messages : If you like to take pictures with ou cell phone and send them to other cell phones as MMS multimedia messages, the iphone will nnot be you first choice. The phone has an application for SMS TEXT messenger which works great, but any pictures sent from another phones come as text which directs you to a ATT wireless website with a username and password that ou have to insert to see the picture. This defeats the purpose of viewing MMS pictures on your phone especially since the website link is not always viewable from the iphone itself. If you recieve images in emails, .jpgs included in emails that the iphone recieve display great.
3. The iphone Task lists: Fresh out of the box, the iphone has no task list and if you have a windows machine it'll sync with microsoft outlook's email and calendar but not tasks.
4. The keyboard is good but not the greatest: Compared to other phones it has great responsethe the keys are very tiny, close, and lack a texture to them so it's easy to miss keys while typing.
5. Even when away from Home you are vunerable to your home network: For example an att wireless outage (11/20/08) that effected 100% of hawaii iphone customers (in this news article) within the state also affected Hawaii customers who were traveling away from Hawaii and still in state with att wireless networks/coverage.
Every Day Achievements:
I won't go too much into detail with achievements because they are arleady documented in depth from Apple and ATT wireless.
1. The iphone is first and foremost an ipod: A 16gb iphone can now be a entry level pod replacement, although 16gb is nothing compared t the 120gb ipod classic it is can be the sole portable music player for many. 16gb (about 14-15gb usable) can't hold the largest music collections it can hold thousands of songs that could easily be enough for for a work week, long trip or even till the next models with 32gb, 64gb, storage become available. The quality and features of music player iphone are the same as the itouch and ipod. This the iphone accels at, storage aside, it is an uncompromising ipod at it's core. Apple did a good job of this and not sticking the ipod into a phone.
2. The iphone has many additional applications: aside from being an ipod with a digital camera gps, the iphone has many software applications of which are free or inexpesive.
Things to improve:
If the Ihone could improve on the flaw mentioned above especially the MMS, outlook task list support, adobe flash player, and the ability to download another web browser such as Opera mobile, it would be very hard to beat as a phone.
Compared with the Competition:
The iphone really doesn't offer anything more than it's competitors except the Apple branding, and a great app store. For this reason the value of it is questionable and will be challenged with such phones as the blackberry storm. black berry has larger corporate and government support. Google's phone is also a serious competitor to the iphone for ll the right reasons, it has the foundation of a solid software framework. Those who love everything google search, google mail, igoogle, google calendar, google docs, google chrome own web browser. Syncing should be an issue because all of the google software apps are web based and avilable from any computer with a web browser and internet connection.